Old November 20th 04, 10:43 AM
E J Ralph

yup I saw the typo myself earlier.

I am quite a good speller actually, so do know that it was wrong.

But thanks anyway

Emma

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:15:29 -0500, Kathy N-V
wrote:

An easy way to remember is is when you lose, you lost the extra "O."

I don't know about Sooz, but that particular grammar error is one of
my real hot buttons. Another one is the difference between "less"
and "fewer." I want to jump up and down and scream when I see the
"10 items of less" lines at the supermarket. If you don't know how
much, the answer is fewer.

Annoyingly,

Kathy N-V

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:38:41 -0500, Dr. Sooz wrote
(in message ):

It's "losing", not "loosing"

See (to be really annoying....)
"losing" is when you lose something. Lose a contest, or your purse, or
whatever. Pronounced "Luz".

"Loosing" is when you turn something loose on something else, or if something
becomes loose (like your jeans are now loose on your ass -- what a great
feeling!). If you loose your talent upon the unsuspecting world, for
instance.
Pronounced "Lusss".

See?

Sooz
The things that will destroy us a politics without principle; pleasure
without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character;
business
without morality; science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice. -
M.
Ghandi