Old November 27th 03, 02:55 AM
jk

"Adrian" wrote in message
Hi all

I'm having dificulty with getting a decent copper patina on
the solder joints on Tiffany-style stained glass items.

After soldering, I give the soldered seams a good clean with
detergent supplied by my friendly local stained glass shop.

Then I dry the item, and apply copper patina solution with a
'non-stick' scourer.

Some of the seams work out well - others end up a dull grey colour.

Any idea what I'm, doing wrong ??

Thanks
Adrian
Suffolk UK

2 possibilities. You need fresh chemicals and/or the detergent you are
using is leaving a film, thus sabotaging your efforts. Here's what I do with
good results.
Use mild water soluable flux. Rinse off with hot plain soapy water ONLY.
Let air dry, (cloth will also leave a film), then apply patina liberally
with a brush. Rinse off again and let dry. Then apply polish.

--
JK Sinrod NY
Sinrod Stained Glass