Old December 9th 08, 06:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Default stash knowledge

Nyssa wrote:
Queencityxstitcher wrote:

anne wrote:
Although I've got a lot of stuff, it is nowhere near what long term stitchers
have accumulated. Yesterday, I wanted to experiment with angelina fibers and
couldn't find them. I emptied almost all the drawers and they were still
hiding. Imagine my surprise when I turned around and saw them on the desk in
other corner of the room! I guess the thought about using them wasn't new so I
had pulled them out previously. In a little bit, I'll have to put everything
that's strewn all over the floor away.

Do you know where every thing is? Can you lay your hands on anything you want
quickly or do you have to hunt for things?

Since I started using "Annie's keepers" for thread storage I have no
trouble finding any fiber that I need. It also lets me know if it is
kitted or empty. I just pull the empty keys and take them with me to the
store. Fabrics are sorted by count and beads are sorted in trays. I have
still to figure a goo filing system for patterns. Scroll rods and
q-snaps are in a separate bin as is temari making items, and knitting.

Whatever problems you folks have with keeping
things organized and findable, double it for
me.

I have my personal stash and my business stash,
and keep them separated. To make this a bit
easier, I keep my personal stash in boxes in
a closet and a bookcase in the living room and
keep all the business stuff in huge plastic
storage containers in the room I use as my
office.

The only exception to this rule would be items
like scroll rods and extenders, magnetic chart
holders, and other non-consumable stuff that
I use when stitching both business designs
and personal pleasure stuff.

It isn't too difficult to find anything as
long as I know if I'm looking for personal
or business, then it's just a matter of
pawing through a few boxes or bins for the
specific fabric, fiber, or frame.

It's a rough life, eh? lol

Nyssa, who has a cat who wants to sit in my
lap all winter and makes it hard to stitch
anyway
At River's End
http://nyssa.cnc.net

And where do you put the ham radio, she asks politely? That is why the
printer has to be in MY space; I only use a HT.!

Gillian

Gill