Old November 28th 07, 03:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
John Quinn

Default Marbek Nativity

On Nov 27, 12:46 am, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
THEre are many colors that seem to float or sink in others ,,,, but it
is a very personal thing , because not ALL humans see colors in the
exact same way ,, it also depends on the way Light falls on the work ,
it also depends on what stitches = which way the thread goes ,
vertical or horizontal ,,,, and last and not least , since most poeple
here Frame their work ,, it also depends on what color and width passe
partout and frame one uses.
mirjam

But I can tell you from my wizard that a lot of dark colors stand out
just fine against a black background, even if you think they wouldn't.

--
Karen C - California

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll do the colors as charted. If I
don't like how it looks I can always frog and change. My DW is afraid
the folds that are creased into the fabric from the shop won't come
out after it's stitched. I am going to try to wash and iron it before
putting it on the frame.

John