Old April 13th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default What would you make with Sugar'n Cream?

In Israel most house have Tiles that are made of Ground stones with
some sort of Cement. There are a variety of colors . We chose the more
`traditional` ones that look like "Quaker Porridge" , which is easy to
match , restful to the eye and doesn`t show every drop of water. In
the Living room they are tiles of 30 x 30 cm , and in the other rooms
20 x 20 cm , very easy when you want to measure threads or such !!!!

Stone floors? I'm trying to imagine that. Like in a castle? That's
neat. Now I want stone floors! How do you clean them?

You use a Broom to collect the dust, and than you wash them with a
special floor cloth! i know this is a local thing , when ever
Israelies travel abroad they take some of those floor cloths with
them. thay are very porous and soak up all wetness and i keep several
and when they are dirty i wash them as one big load in the machine .
Can you mop them?

Mop we actually WASH floors...
Aren't the stone floors hard on your feet?

they are very nice to have in our mostly warm climate ..
Can I come to your
house and look at your floors?

You are Welcome to come
mirjam