Old September 2nd 10, 07:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna[_3_]

Default Polly and anyone... CNN 5 yrs after Katrina

I felt very sad. Sad that the survivors have endured so much yet too
many,(mainly red tape people) are dragging their feet STILL! A lot have
not returned to area because of the gov't slow actions. I'm not sure I
would want to return after living through this. But certainly if it was
their HOME and they want to return there should have been more help.
It's sad that I can't do anything more then lip service and prayers! But
I do still pray for those effected by Katrina. Those that did stay and
rebuild deserve the world's largest HERO cookie! Not only are they
survivors, but they have the strength of Hero's! I am truly thankful for
their inspiration! Thanx for sharing Polly.
Take Care
joanna

On 8/28/2010 10:03 PM, Polly Esther wrote:
Ambivalent. I think that's the word. We survived 12 hours of 90 mph
winds. Three weeks with no roads, no power, no water. Helicopters flying
over endlessly rushing medical emergencies out.
We were not victims; survivors.
Our family will be forever indebted to rctq and the Canadian law
officers and the Florida Highway patrol ( on 3-wheelers) and the pennies
from the Methodist Church 3 year-olds that bought diapers. That list is
endless. We respond to others in crisis every chance we get. The
Halloween where far-away folks brought treats and formed a circle at the
highway so our little guys could trick or treat by only their vehicles
headlights.
We think that our DD and DSIL will get to move back into a home with
inside walls before Christmas.
We won't live long enough to see the beauty of our lands come back.
And anger. Just today, there was a report where someone quite indignant
had filed a claim with BP for $ 4,000 because she couldn't recreational
fish for 3 months.
The poor you have with you always. Jesus might have added, " And the scum".
We mourn. We limp. We survive . . . and we will be forever thankful for
the goodness of friends and strangers who gave or prayed or helped. Polly

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message
After watching CNN for several hours report on the Gulf coast 5 years
after Katrina I was wondering if our on-the-spot reporters who lived
through the storm could give us a personal report. Are your
communities functioning again? Or maybe the question should be were
they functioning again before the oil spill created a new disaster?

Susan