Old August 29th 10, 06:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default CNN 5 yrs after Katrina

Ambivalent. I think that's the word. We survived 12 hours of 90 mph winds.
Three weeks with no roads, no power, no water. Helicopters flying over
endlessly rushing medical emergencies out.
We were not victims; survivors.
Our family will be forever indebted to rctq and the Canadian law
officers and the Florida Highway patrol ( on 3-wheelers) and the pennies
from the Methodist Church 3 year-olds that bought diapers. That list is
endless. We respond to others in crisis every chance we get. The Halloween
where far-away folks brought treats and formed a circle at the highway so
our little guys could trick or treat by only their vehicles headlights.
We think that our DD and DSIL will get to move back into a home with
inside walls before Christmas.
We won't live long enough to see the beauty of our lands come back.
And anger. Just today, there was a report where someone quite indignant
had filed a claim with BP for $ 4,000 because she couldn't recreational fish
for 3 months.
The poor you have with you always. Jesus might have added, " And the
scum".
We mourn. We limp. We survive . . . and we will be forever
thankful for the goodness of friends and strangers who gave or prayed or
helped. Polly

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in message
After watching CNN for several hours report on the Gulf coast 5 years
after Katrina I was wondering if our on-the-spot reporters who lived
through the storm could give us a personal report. Are your
communities functioning again? Or maybe the question should be were
they functioning again before the oil spill created a new disaster?

Susan