Old January 2nd 05, 05:53 PM
BonnieBlue

Actually, one of the ladies in my Fiber Arts Guild told us about a study
done that showed if the listeners were working on hand work of some
type...embroidery, knitting, crochet...they were more likely to retain the
substance of the presentation (or sermon, if you like). I think if I had
been knitting at the time when we were attending church I probably would
have gotten more out of it because I remember sitting there thinking of all
the other things I could have been doing and was not concentrating on the
lecture.

BonnieBlue

"Allaya Diep" wrote in message
Hi everyone

I always thought it would be considered "bad etiquette" to knit in church.
Not that I know much about these things, but it was just something I dared
not do. But a couple of weeks ago, I saw somebody else doing
it...knitting
in church! For those of you more experienced, is it okay to do this, or
is
it sorta rude? It was around Christmas, so maybe she had to finish
something up. *shrug*

Allaya