Old July 18th 12, 05:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Beauvine

Default This group is dead.

David Billington wrote in
:

[snipped]

I've seen on another major news group that posts weren't showing up
from the 1st of August, something to do with google groups changing
things. For me I've followed the newsgroup for many years but have
seen it be virtually dead in recent times and I would assume much of
that was due to a small group of former regulars bickering
continuously and driving people elsewhere. For me having the newsgroup
in my news reader picks up the occasional activity when it happens but
apart from this thread not much has been posted for a couple of
years.

I just keep forgetting about usenet, mostly because of being busy
elsewhere.

Recently, I've been trying to find images or references showing how
metallic etc. inclusions react in warm glass work, because I'd like to get
a kiln by the end of the year, and am trying to pick up some information.
((I took a class but it was three years ago.))

SO, for me, it's not about people bickering - I tend to ignore those. I
just keep forgetting to check here.