Old August 20th 04, 07:32 AM
Nicki

That is one of the books I have. In it, he just says use a basic plumbing
torch with a long flexible tube and a small tip that you can use on jewelry.
He doesn't say why not to use one of those small butane torches, but I do
know why now thanks to some replies I received. I have tried to do as much
reading as I could but I just wanted some opinions, which proved to be very
helpful.
Thanks.

"Burt Lewis" wrote in message
You want to get "Making Silver Chains: Simple Techniques, Beautiful
Designs"
by Glen F. Waszek. It will walk you through everything you want to
know about making sterling chains. Hope it helps.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1579...04#reader-link