Old February 25th 11, 03:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default Elna Stella

On 25/02/2011 02:36, Julia in MN wrote:
I went into the local sewing center for a spool of thread this morning.
While there, I wandered over to the used machines, and, lo and behold,
there was a sweet little Elna Stella. I have been wanting an Elna Lotus,
but after I saw Stella I really want her. She's in mint condition. The
little tool "box" on top still has the seam ripper and the needle
threader. The original manual is there. They gave me some goofy
synthetic thread thread to use on top; bobbin had cotton thread, so
tension seemed kind of wacky. Price seemed high, but when I got home, I
checked e-bay & online, so it definitely seems reasonable in comparison.
The owner is gone next week; maybe next week I'll go in with my own
thread and fabric and talk to the owner. It does look like a real
sweetie. Of course, I don't need another sewing machine and I don't have
a lot of room to store it but still....

Julia in MN

I have an Elna Lotus Stella Air Electronic, and I love it. It's my
'grab and go' machine for traveling.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!