Old December 20th 05, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Great fruitcake!

Howdy!

http://www.collinstreet.com/

Ragmop/Sandy (hey, she said "Great fruitcake!" and this is

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote in message
. net...
Yeah, yeah, I know the smarty pants out there will say there's no such
thing. Good. Keep thinking that -- there will be more left for me.

This year I decided to try Alton Brown's fruitcake recipe. (
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci...6_8157,00.html )
I made a couple of very minor changes (made it wheatfree and eggless,
macerated the fruit in brandy instead of rum), and it turned out FABULOUS!
More cake-like (and less bread-like) than previous fruitcakes, but simply
superb flavor.

DH is busy scarfing it down. You'd think I'd been starving the poor boy,
and he's not usually a big cake or fruit eater. His only suggestion was to
add more nuts next time, and he's hinting that next time needs to be very,
very soon.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
Queen of Fabric Tramps