Old December 20th 05, 06:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT Great fruitcake!

In article ,
"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

Yeah, yeah, I know the smarty pants out there will say there's no such
thing. Good. Keep thinking that -- there will be more left for me.

This year I decided to try Alton Brown's fruitcake recipe. (
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci...6_8157,00.html
) I made a couple of very minor changes (made it wheatfree and eggless,
macerated the fruit in brandy instead of rum), and it turned out FABULOUS!
More cake-like (and less bread-like) than previous fruitcakes, but simply
superb flavor.

DH is busy scarfing it down. You'd think I'd been starving the poor boy, and
he's not usually a big cake or fruit eater. His only suggestion was to add
more nuts next time, and he's hinting that next time needs to be very, very
soon.

I'm pretty picky about my fruitcake and have been making the same recipe
for years. I may have to give this one a try, though -- sounds good!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education