Old December 15th 03, 08:33 AM
G.Kelly

Noreen I am so sorry that your Sheltie is deceased - I remember you
describing the breed to me. When we were in Scotland we were at a B&B and
anothe couple said " Oh ! you are Australian - I have just bought an
Australian Kelpie sheep dog - may be you could tell me how to start training
it ?" To this I replied - just leave the dog with any poultry you have in
your yard and it will teach itself to herd - the knowledge is inbred. what
is its name I asked?"
The answer it is a bitch named Gwen - I should not print what DH said to
that - " I have one too", he said and introduced me !!!! God Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
.. .
On 14 Dec 2003 14:35:51 GMT, MouseCLP wrote:

and toured England and Wales.

Not Scotland????????????

[giggling] I'm sure they would've included Scotland if they'd known YOU

were
there!

Still stitchin' and smilin'
Carol in SC

Funny how the mind works.... just jumping in here with my rambling
thoughts...
My Sheltie (Shetland Sheepdog) {and they are NOT miniature Collies!} - now
deceased (sniff, still)... her AKC full name was:
Jamesdaughter of Aberdeen
being a play on words, as our last name is jameson - get it -
jamesdaughter? and Aberdeen is a county in Scotland....
We just called her Abbey.
My cousin Renee's Sheltie (now also deceased, sniff) was a full neice of

MY
dog, and her AKC name was:
Abigail, neice of Aberdeen
They just called her Abi.
Aberdeen.... Scotland.....
Well, at least I have an on-line friend there!!!
sorry to ramble...
Noreen
--
STRIP * tease * to email me.