Old July 24th 03, 09:01 PM
SlinkyToy

Nah, mostly I just wanted to bitch, er, complain. I had no intention of
buying yarn, but that doesn't mean I didn't want to pet some!

"Katherine Burgess" wrote in message
I was about to say "congratulations", Slinky, but I guess that you are
looking more for sympathy. Poor baby! Hope your yarn shop reverts to
something more friendly to you.
Do you feel better now? g
Katherine

"SlinkyToy" wrote in message
. ..
I went to the LYS today to buy a set of DPNs so I can start the sleeves

of
my sweater...and I bought ONLY what I went in for!

I do have to say, the atmosphere in my LYS has changed over the last

couple
of years. Until about 3 years ago there was another more

knitting-oriented
store. The owner of that store retired, so the erstwhile weaving store

has
picked up the slack. Now that handknitting is such a popular hobby

she's
really gotten uptight about things. The place is stuffed with yarn,

most
if
it nothing I care to knit with -- nasty ribbons, eyelash, hairy mohair

(yes,
I did buy some last week at a different YS but it was cheap on sale).

Today she had a knitting group in the front room blocking access to most

of
the yarn I was interested in looking at - the sock yarns and the worsted
knitting yarns. Couldn't get there from here, which is probably a good
thing for my checkbook, but was irritating at the time.

I guess its a good thing I know how to spin!