Old October 25th 04, 11:37 AM
Cheryl Isaak

On 10/25/04 3:05 AM, in article , "Maureen
Miller" wrote:

Here's the $10,000.00 question. Can anyone name a GOOD book that gives
directions and explanatory pictures of MOST if not ALL needle crafts? I
have learned petit point, and tatting. But I would like to learn
cross-stitch, knitting, crochet, Irish lace, bobbin lace, french knots,
embroidery,.....well, you get what I mean. I have found several good
books on each of these subjects individually, but I would love to know
if there is such an animal as one single book that lists them all?

Maureen In Vancouver B.C.
(who is trying desperately to get back here on a regular basis!)

Find a copy of The Reader's Digest book or the McCall's book - I think both
are "Encyclopedia of Needlework" or similarly titled.
My McCall's is from the late 50's, my RD is from the late 70's and I won't
part with either!
Cheryl