Old October 6th 03, 07:34 PM
Belindi

Penny

Thanks for your advice. But I'm not sure what "RS" means. (I guess I
forgot to mention that I'm a novice and buttons were all I could do
prior to this purchase). I was thinking that if I put the hem
directly under the foot, (and not slide it over the free arm--which I
can't) I could probably sew half inch (before stopping, shifting,
repositioning, etc.) at a time. Is that what you're talking about?

Belindi

"Penny S" wrote in message ...
Belindi scrawled in bright red lipstick:
Well I finally broke down and bought a sewing machine. My kid,
although fitting into 18 month pants for his waist, can't fit the
pants for the length. So I bought the machine in order to hem his
pants. Well the trouble is that the opening at the hem is narrower
than the swing arm so I can't slide it over the arm and sew in a
circle.

Does anyone know a trick to doing this?

yes, don't put the pants on the free arm, keep them above it, RS out and
work from the inside. Watch your fingers tho.

Penny S