Old July 16th 03, 08:21 AM
Lee S. Billings

In article , says...

snip

Do you guys think that I should please the planet by letting people see me in
all my glory whilst I feel terribly uncomfortable? Do you guys think that I
should let the outside world turn my hospital room into a major hub of
activity? Do you think that at 27, after major complications during
pregnancy, labor, and delivery, and two kids, that I should reconsider my
choice to be sterilized?

No, no, and no, in that order. In more detail:

It's YOUR labor and delivery. If you and your husband want it private, no one
else has any say in the matter. Period.

It's YOUR baby. I agree with you -- there's plenty of time for visiting after
you're settled in at home. You might offer to let her help you with the
transition from hospital to home, if you're comfortable with that compromise.

It's YOUR body. Under those conditions, I'd make the same decision in a
heartbeat. Tell your mother that you want to be around to watch the kids you
already have grow up.

Celine

--
Handmade jewelry at