Old October 19th 03, 10:12 PM
Elizabeth Young

Dr. Quilter wrote:

The throat of my new SM (if that is how you call the place through where
the feed dogs come up) is quite wide. The foot it came with is wide
enough to cover them, but also too wide to sew a 1/4" seam. If I put my
narrower feet in to piece with a quilter's seam, will the fabric get
eaten? It happened once, but I was starting a triangle from the acute
corner and you know how those things are finicky....

I have a 'straight stitch plate' for my Bernina. It works well for
sewing the beginnings of triangles. It stops most of the "my machine ate
my project!" problems.
I don't know how many other brands of machines come with alternate
throat plates.

liz young in sunny california