Old October 19th 03, 08:33 PM
Polly Esther

If you just must approach a triangle from the tiny point, use a scrap for a
starter. Fold a piece of whatever's closeby and stitch across it. Then,
holding the scrap starter behind the presser foot, you can sew the wee
triangle point without it becoming feeddog food. I confess, I only do this
when the piecing is precious but it works. Actually, I keep a little stack
of odds and ends beside both the SM and the serger to prevent creative
tangles and chewing. HTH, Polly

"The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me" wrote in message
If you would like to use the wider foot, there are a couple of
possibilities. Does your machine have a place to move the needle to the
right? If not, on my Janome and a few other brands you can move the
needle by changing the zig-zag stitch width- even tho you are sewing a
straight stitch. Maybe your machine can do this? If so, use a piece
of paper marked with a scant 1/4 in. and adjust the needle to the right
until the distance from side of the foot to the needle measures your
proper seam allowance. Otherwise, you can mark the scant 1/4 in. seam
allowance with a piece of masking tape (or whatever) in front of the
foot and just slide the fabric under the needle at the place you have
marked. Then sew using the marked place rather than the side of the
foot. Good luck!

Leslie

The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me- My dogs aren't my whole life... they make my
life whole.

RCTQ- Houston 2004..... A good friend will come and bail you out of
jail.... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...
that was fun!"