Old February 19th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Default My new toy

'Guilty as charged, Your Honor'.
I saw the Ohio Star for your SIL and was proud that you had moved from
always solids to what? an honest-to-goodness small floral in the medium
greens? Ah. Yes.
I saw that you had reluctantly turned loose of plain old (but perfect)
squares and waded into points.
Gee. Two big steps in one quilt. Now we're getting somewhere.
Of course, I did wonder why you hadn't quilted it, realized that you
had, but only STID.
Now you have a BSR and are going to dive into having some fun. Hot dog.
I am so tickled and pleased and proud. In the words of my belated friend
Jerry Clower, "Knock 'em out, John".
Patti's right. When Leslie got an SM that enjoyed doing FM, she went
from "I can't" to an absolute maniac about it.
Another book you will really enjoy is Karen McTavish's Mastering the Art
of McTavishing.
You know you're a little bit scary but we're sure your family is already
aware of that and don't think you're downright dangerous. We're eagerly
awaiting progress reports and will be glad to help if you need any Big Girl
guidance. Polly

"John" wrote, in part Alright, Polly and Sandy. You can stop using your
intellectual cattle
prods on me. I have finally crossed over into the realm of the serious
quilter. I just got back from my Bernina Dealer with a lovely little
box 8" x 6" x2" in size. You already know it is too small to house a
new sewing machine, so what could it be? Well silly you, It is a
Bernina BSR stitch regulator foot.