Old September 24th 04, 08:41 PM
Russell Andavall

Take it from me... Its a good way to blow the door out... Water turns
into steam and builds up pressure at the top of a kiln door... and there
you have just how a kiln door falls down... now the real trick here is
to convince the kiln fairies to pick up the red hot bricks and rebuild
the door... its a great way to cool the kiln down in a few hours, but
its rather hard on the kiln shelves and brick, let alone the potter...
Russ

Slgraber wrote:

i think i heard of that, or read about it 12 years ago or so. providing some
level of reduction assistance somehow.

not really successful or we'd all know more about it.

steve

Subject: water in kiln??
From: "dvd"
Date: 9/23/2004 11:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time
have you heard anything about introducing water into the gaz kiln to obtein
special effects??

steve graber