Old February 10th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default pattern seeking

Anna MCM wrote in

enigma wrote:
i'm looking for a knitting pattern for a nice shawl or
lapghan to make for my grandma's 101st birthday in May.
i'm not a fast knitter so something fast & easy would be
best, i think, but something with more pizazz than plain
garter stitch.
it *has* to be knit, as my crochet talents extend only to
cat
toys
any suggestions?
lee

Hi!

I find this pattern simply enchanting:

http://www.eunnyjang.com/images/knit...sscarf/stole_p
rint_o_the_wave.pdf

I have no idea of the needed skills for knitting this
beauty, but I am sure it would make a special present for a
special person.

i can view Google's cache of the pattern, but i can't get any
images. i can't get the site to load at all. it appears that
dial-up is too slow for thier server & it times out (or it's a
really busy server... same result here though, i can't get
there)
it sounds pretty, & i can manage all the stitches & grafting,
but it would take me *way* longer than May to finish...
lee

--
war is peace
freedom is slavery