Old August 8th 03, 09:27 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine
Burgess" wrote:

"Els van Dam" wrote
snip
Well at least that is a good excuse.....must better than mine.....I just
did not know that chickens came that way...come to think of it there was
an awful lot I did not know about.......at that time in my life.....

You sound like my SIL. When she first married my brother, she decided to
make Jello, using water from the tap, since she didn't know that you had to
boil it to dissolve the crystals. Needless to say, it didn't gel. g
Katherine

Oh Yes....I had never hear of Jello jelly before.......and I was also at
aloss on how to do it...also I did not read write or speak any Enlish
either Yes, No and anyway got me a long way. "Anyway"..... I picked up
sitting behind two women, who held a lively conversation, in the
streetcar, and I knew right away what it did in a sentence....

Otto, who spoke good English had a rule, when we were in Canadian
company, if I wanted to talk I could only speak Enlish.....LOL....For me
there was only one way.....learn Enlish fast....I would have died if I
could not put in my two cents worth......Anyway...here I am now....LOL

I could boil potatoes, and bake pancakes and indeed make a
strudel......boil an egg and make tea.....But after all you just at the
beginning of life and marriage, the learning is done all along the
way......

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))