Old September 2nd 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
elderberry22

Default Paternayan yarn numbers

bungadora wrote:
You aren't mixing up Paterna and Paternayan are you? One's British, the
other American. Most of the colors are the same, but some are
different.
Dora
elderberry22 wrote:
Hi, I am thinking about making the pattern "Tinkle, a Cat" from the
book by Brande Ormond, _American Primitives in Needlepoint_. But when
I look at the Paternayan yarn numbers, they are so different! This
calls for quite a lot of Dark Red #201, but when I look at color
charts, 201 is quite a shade of grey! Is there any way to convert
these numbers? I have googled it and had no luck at all.

It's an American book & I'm _pretty_ sure it says Paternayan for the
yarn. Will check.
Yes, Paternayan. but like I said, when I look at the color charts
online, some of the colors aren't even there, and the ones that are,
are just different. Gray, instead of red. that kind of thing.