Old September 13th 10, 01:11 AM
rsg444 rsg444 is offline
Junior Member

Hi Aula,

I realize this reply is months after you posted your question, but it might be helpful.

I too do a lot of beadpoint, however, I generally use size 11/0 beads. I live in New York City, and even here, it's not always easy to find a decent selection. Over the last few years, I have been buying most of my beads from Artbeads.com. They have a pretty good selection of 15/0 seed beads and delicas and their prices are reasonable.

Hope this is helpful....
Quote:
Originally Posted by just me View Post
hello all -

I've been reading, trying to learn a new craft. Apparently I've picked a
more obscure part of beadwork or you all are not a group who practice it. I
have a question or two. I've been trying to find seedbeads sized 15/0
locally. I've tried a couple shops that I thought would have a good
selection of beads [like Glad Rags] and none of them carry beads smaller
than 10/0. While there is another shop I will try tomorrow [hoping it is
open on MLK Day], I am wondering how to change my "gauge" to meet my need.
My directions tell me to use the 15/0 seed beads on #18 interlock
canvas[petit or needlepoint canvas]. If I switch to the 10/0 beads what
size canvas should I go to to keep the pattern looking right? This is my
very first venture into beads of any sort and I had to pick beadpoint, but I
really want to do it because it is so similar to one of my favorite needle
arts: counted cross stitch.

Thank you for bearing with me. I'm really hoping someone here can shed some
light on this new arena I've chosen!

-Aula
--
see my creative works on ebay under http://snurl.com/369o