Old February 24th 10, 05:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Steve B

Default Hello, again

"Ron Anderson" wrote in message
net...

"Steve B" wrote in message

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 22:44:56 -0800, Steve B
wrote:

TYVM! I did have the manual, but not the parts chart. Upon first
inspection, I see I am missing one disc on the thread tensioner up top.
was able to get it timed today, and it is sewing 80% better. I think
with a
little tweaking, I can get the other 20%. It's like a Rubik's cube,
not too
difficult after the first time. BTW, my best time was 1:50 on the
cube.

Ah, that'd do some strange things to the tension. I'm curious, though,
as to
what you're using for thread lubricant (or is it not necessary at slower
speeds?) I've never sewn on a machine with an on-board lubrication
system.

I would have to say that it is an issue I need to address. On inspection
of the manual, there are supposed to be several felt pads, and I must
identify where they are, if they are present, and oil if necessary. BTW,
thanks for reminding me that I have to pick up a bottle of oil while in
town today.

Steve

No need to use a thread lubricant for the work you are doing.
Usually only do if the machine is pushed to the outer limits of speed and
there are issues such as thread breakage due to needle heat etc.
Hope you got sewing machine oil.

--
Ron Anderson A1 Sewing Machine
18 Dingman Rd Sand Lake, NY 12153

TY for the heads up. Seems as tho the pads are mostly absent. Yes, of
course, I went to the sewing machine shop and paid $4 for a small bottle.
The last one somehow got fractured, and leaked all out. I like that little
long spout on there. The oil points are marked very well in the manual, and
I understand about keeping any machinery oiled. Going to fool with it today
after I do my work. I need to get my boat cover finished and get some
awnings made before summer ends this year.

Like last year ............

Steve