Old January 22nd 04, 02:05 PM
Kaytee

In article ,
uppies (Dr. Sooz) writes:

When I took beaded embroidery, we used Silamide -- much superior to sewing
thread for this purpose, as sewing thread will be cut by sharp beads faster
than Silamide will. Also, Silamide holds up under the test of time far bett

For pictures (to hang on the wall type), I'd agree. For fabric like denim or
canvas, it's usually fine. For thin cottons, silk, etc., if the beads snag on
something, the thread will pull and likely rip the fabric. It's better to use
thread that will break to attach the beads to clothing. If you're worried about
beads cutting the thread, string them on your "tough" thread of choice, and
couch the string down using cotton thread.

Just like when sewing silk-- use cotton thread for the seams.... Save the silk
thread for top-stitching, because it can cut the cloth if the seams are
stressed.

Sometimes the "bad choice" is a better choice than the "good choice".
Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com