Old December 21st 03, 07:21 PM
Javahut

Geez, talk about an attitude, well then you get what you sow.

I was speaking in a generality, yup , for the whole planet. You didn't
actually think I was responding for your benefit did you? You have been
trying to sell this outdated stuff for years and I don't ever recall seeing
an asking price. Just what are you expecting for this stuff?

I was making a reply so the whole world could see there is an easier,
better way of doing things than with antiquated overbuilt junk.
You call babbets the prefferred way of doing things compared to steel
bearings and grease? Ever wonder why nobody uses them anymore? Babbetts
wear, and they wear more with prolonged use, and most of the time they don't
wear evenly, and you have to CAST new ones, anybody know how? Besides
Dennis.

Gee, how long do babbetts last before they have to be recast? Have to have
a whole new history and education to maintain those dianosaurs, and what
about that "soft" wheel for smoothing, what is it good for if it won't
smooth and edge.

If they were all that great, why do you want to sell them? You are working
as a carpenter? If these machines were capable of knocking out those inches
per hour that the newer machines can you could double your income.

Nah, this response is FOR the rest of the world, to warn them that buying
antiques, that will never increase in value as an investment is a waste of
money.

And as for the learning curve to bevel on these machines, you picked it up
in minutes? yeah, right. Lets see a close up of some of those bevels so we
can see the facets or over polished break lines, if they are not there, why
aren't you still beveling on these hulks?

And I do bevel on Denver equipment, daily, and those machines are easy to
maintain and adaptable to diamond and increased production load, oh yeah,
and they operate on 220 volt single phase, with motors big enough to do the
job easily. For over 15 years on the same equipment with no breakdowns at
all. grease them once a month, easy.

Let any buyer beware of this equipment, in my opinion.