Old June 3rd 12, 11:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Default Huskylock 550D Overlocker Problem.

On 03/06/2012 08:25, Kilastria wrote:

I have inherited a Huskylock 550D Overlocker but I can't seem to get it to
work. I've threaded it and all the
threading is right (I think). The main problem is when I feed the material
through, the machine is pushing
the material forward (towards me)- instead of feeding it backwards away
from me. As far as I know there is
no reverse feed on the machine, and I have the manual but it mentions
nothing that will help me. The
cotton is also getting tangled around the needle plate.

Please Help because I cant work out whats going on.
Thanks.

-------------------------------------

Sounds like incorrect threading and maladjusted deferential feed. Set
everything to Normal, and thread up, starting with the lower looper,
then upper, then right needle then left. Make sure that the machine is
set for regular sewing rather than rolled edges.

If you still have problems, you may need to take it for a service.
Before that, I'd strongly suggest reading tha manual from end to end,
paying particular attention to threading diagrams and fault finding.
Almost all overlocker faults are user induced. The smallest thing can
cause a problem.

If you don't have the manual, get a replacement as soon as you can.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!