Old April 28th 10, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

Default OFF TOPIC - time for one of those questions

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote .

Ok mothers of daughters - at what age did you allow your daughter to

Wear "perfume" (includes body sprays)?
Wear "makeup" - lip gloss, eye makeup, etc?

My daughter didn't really do makeup--still doesn't as an adult. She has
always done hair, and had multicoloured hair in Grade 4 when the stylist she
went to practiced competition stuff on her (with my permission) and she
continued to use temporary hair stuff of various colours from then on. I
have a picture of her asleep while I was putting hundreds of tiny braids
into her hair at age 11 or so. She didn't really get into perfume until
highschool (remember the CK One thing???) I would have let her do makeup and
perfume from about age 10 on, if she had wanted to, with makeup at that age
being defined as Lip Smackers and glitter gel (fun stuff rather than serious
obsession about appearance).
My parents never "let" me do makeup. It didn't matter because like lots of
girls, I just put it in my school bag and applied it once I left the house
(just like rolling up your skirt waistband). I began in highschool when I
had my first job (so about age 14) and so my own money. I can remember
buying a set of Mary Quant crayon makeup. Very cool.

Dawne