Old August 19th 10, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Linda[_4_]

Default OT Polly's Pity Party

So sorry you are hurting Polly, but glad you took care of those nasty
things, so you won't have to worry about them in the future. My mother, who
just turned 85, was told by her family doctor in May that the spot on her
nose is skin cancer. The doctor said he was sure it is cancer "but you don't
die from skin cancer." Now we all know that is not true, but my mother has
not done anything about it, except to make an appointment with a
dermatologist for sometime in September. I am trying very hard to be patient
about this....
Linda
"Polly Esther" wrote in message
You are all invited. Dress: very casual. We have replaced all of the
light bulbs with 25 watt dim ones and no one will be able to see what
you're wearing anyway. Today's trip was to the dermatologist. There is a
burned off place (yeah, right ... they call it 'frozen' but that's only
for the moment) on my back, face, arms, left hand and both legs. I am 'on
fire'. A good thing about living in The Swamp is that nobody much hears
or cares when I scream.
We once thought that the danger of skin cancer was reserved for the
fair-skinned. Not So. We had a dear young friend who ignored a 'funny'
spot. It killed him Quickly.
So. See your friendly dermatologist if you suspect you should. And
come to my pity party. I am absolutely miserable and Mama always said,
"Misery loves company". Suggestions for the refreshments list is open;
we'll start with freshly baked bread, cheese and both fine wine and whine.
Poor Polly