Old March 3rd 10, 12:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
John

Default Results of those Long, Cold February Days.

On Mar 2, 9:16*pm, John wrote:
On Mar 2, 7:12*pm, "BEI Design"
wrote:

John wrote:
Here you go:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ljtaylor...13740025420898
John

Wow, very nice! *My DGS is an artist and always carries
around his sketch pad, I am going to ask him if he would
like something similar.

--
Beverlyhttp://ickes.us/default.aspx

This was one of those things that grew like "Topsy". I was always
looking around in various places for all the elements that go into the
process of going out in the woods and drawing. They never seemed to be
able to be found in a timely manner. So I said, one cold February day,
not so long ago, "What if I had all of the elements seen here in one
place". The rest is as they say, history, or in this case, Quilting. I
often get "ideas" for something and then they just slip away, but this
one struck a resonant cord, and allowed me to use some of the skills
that I already had, along with some of the resources I already had, to
come up with this Carrying case that now hangs ready to use on the
wall of my sewing room. I am very happy with the results. The case is
rather striking to look at,and functional also. I had fun doing it
too.
John

Here is a picture of the case, hanging in place, awaiting better
weather adventures.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
John