Old June 23rd 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
karlisa

Default a couple of my finished hats

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
"Karlisa" wrote in message
My 2 year old son Noah reluctantly agreed to model two of my finished
hats. Each hat is made with two strands of worsted weight yarn dyed with
Koolaid, and I plan on sending them to Warm Woolies, which collects wool
hats for charity.

Hat #1 is dyed with lime Koolaid and Blueberry Blast (?) Koolaid:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=642xzpk

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4vhx8i9

This hat is dyed with Grape Koolaid and Black Cherry:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6fi04g1

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5zd6hwy

As soon as I try the "great experiment" with felting the 3rd hat, I'll
post back, and if it's successful, I'll post photos.

lisa
--
"Some people are like Slinkies...not really good for anything, but they
still bring a smile to your face when

Great hats (did you get the pattern online somewhere?), which I'm sure
will be appreciated by those who receive them. Your little boy is
adorable! )

*hugs*
Gemini
Thanks, Gemini! I'm pretty partial to that boy myself. :-) I knitted the
hats using the free pattern from the Warm Woolies website and just changed
it a bit by varying the needle size and brim style. I think I finally
settled on using size 11 circulars (US size) and casting on 5 less stitches
than the original pattern called for to make it smaller, like the
Cherry/Grape hat came out. It makes a smaller hat, but I like the overall
look. It'll probably just fit babies and young toddlers. I love how fast
these work up, too!

Lisa