Old September 24th 03, 09:40 PM
Jalynne

Yeah, sure, that's what i used to tie the two denim quilts i made for my nieces. I
used the heaviest weight i could find. They've washed the quilts several times, and
it's been holding up really well. I just left them about an inch or so long. The
great thing about it is when you wash it, it shrinks up slightly and the knots get
tighter. I'd say go for it.
--
Jalynne

"QUILTKITTY" wrote in message
Greetings All,

Ususally use yarn of varying thicknesses when I tie my quilts but this time
I'm considering using pearl cotton because it more closely resembles a cat's
whiskers. Has anybody used pearl cotton to tie a quilt? Does it survive
washing without getting all ratted up? This is my main concern, though I
suppose I could put a tiny knot at the ends, and I should probably keep the
length reasonably short. Any feedback welcome!

~Quiltkitty