Old April 5th 15, 07:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Pretorius

Default Fringing anne cloth

On Sunday, April 5, 2015 at 12:22:53 AM UTC+13, wrote:
On Fri, 3 Apr 2015 18:00:17 -0700 (PDT), Susan Pretorius
wrote:

On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 9:58:52 PM UTC+13, Susan Pretorius wrote:
I am busy making a cross stitch anne cloth afghan baby blanket and would like to fringe it when finished. Can anyone tell me how to finish it off please?

To the person who posted the message below, I am sorry I haven't said thank you the moment members of this group came back with answers but this is actually the first time I checked whether someone replied. I am not 'using' the group, but asked because I thought I am allowed to. If you are the person who emailed me, sorry, I didn't open the email as I tend not to read emails from people I do not know. Sorry if I offended you

The message which I am replying to, from : 'I notice that these gmail questions never come back to thank anyone
for information, haven't checked the outfit that used to be Sew Girls
and morphed into another mirror group, but likely we are being used
again. '

We had a problem with a group calling themselves Sew Girls, taking all
our posts and putting them up on their site. They were of course
selling ad space and wanted to look really busy for their advertisers.

What distressed me was they never came to the group, we never had any
interaction with the poster who asked the question. One way and
another, I found out who their lawyer was and demanded they never pass
on my posts and to my surprise it worked although they still posted
everyone elses posts. Even ones from Karen that say in the sig line,
not for reposting! It said to me that what they were doing was indeed
marginal

I see Sew Girls have now gone out of business (good) but they probably
just morphed and every so often posts appear, some of us answer, and
that's it we never hear - as with you - that it helped solve the
problem etc.

When I could no longer find Sew Girls I emailed you to see if you were
a 'real' address and if so -which board. However it now becomes
clear, you really did find our group - so sorry about that - the
diatribe, not that you found us~ and welcome !

Sheena

Thanks Sheena! And I am happy I found the group as I now know what I wanted to know and can finish off the baby blanket the moment I finished the embroidery. I belong to a few other groups, but mostly to do with my job, this is my first craft group. Never thought to look here for help with sewing before