Old April 10th 14, 05:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
mirjam

Default Knitting a Patch

On Thursday, April 3, 2014 4:22:33 PM UTC+3, Danny Breidenbach wrote:
Hallo Danny , i forgot to tell that sometimes my mother used to add another thread only to the heel part of the sock ,, to strengthen it from the begining .

if you like reading Historical tyrivia [of knotting] here are books i recommend

Socks & Stockings, By Jeremy Farrell, B.T.Batsford Limited London , 1992

Stockings & suspenders , a Quick Flash, by Rosemary Hawthorne, Souvenir Press 1993.

A History of Hand knitting, by Richard Rutt, Interweave Press, Loveland Colorado, 1987.
mirjam

I love learning this sort of historical trivia.