Old July 11th 03, 01:56 AM
Jennifer Hepworth

Default Pfaff questions

I don't have the 2042 model so I can't give you advice on it but I would
suggest that you sew and quilt with it for a while - find out for
yourself whether it suits you or not. You have the advantage of already
having the machine in your possession, courtesy of your Mum, so you have
the time to test everything at home and not feel rushed into making a
decision. Make up some quilt sandwiches and try out the even feed foot
(which I have engaged 99.9% of my sewing time) and the free motion set
up.
Everytime I ever began using a new machine, I would make up several
squares of muslin, page sized, and then sew a 'normal' string of all the
stitches, as set by the factory. Then I would sew them all again but
tweaking the settings, from all the way down to the smallest and
narrowest settings all the way up to the other end of the scale. As for
bobbins and accessories for the Pfaff, I have seen other brands as
advertised in mail order catalogues, etc. and I consider them to be
expensive compared to the Pfaff's.
Jennifer in Ottawa
------
Pfaff questions

Group: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting Date: Thu, Jul 10, 2003, 7:36pm
(EDT+4) From: (TerriLee=A0in=A0WA)
I'm considering keeping my (recently-deceased) mom's new Pfaff 2042,
rather than selling it, and I have a few questions.
Does anyone have one of these? What do you like and/or dislike about it?
What style of bobbin does it use? Class 15, 66, or something special?
I've owned "Bernie" (Bernina 930) for 21+ years, and haven't even looked
at anything else in the interim, so I'm rather clueless about new
machines.
Thanks in advance.
--
TerriLee Bishop
(opinions are wholly owned by the author and don't represent anything)