Old November 20th 03, 06:28 PM
Debbie Hamann

So true...rec'crafts.scrapbooks DOES NOT like outsiders and let me
know in no uncertain terms..so I stick with
alt.crafts.scrapbooks...a very quiet group, but lots friendlier

debbie

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:11:18 -0500, in news.groups, Gina Bull
wrote:

Bob Officer wrote:

REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)
unmoderated group rec.crafts.scrapbooks

I am the Usenet administrator at the University of Virginia and an avid
rubberstamper. :-) I've wondered why there was not a "sister" newsgroup
for rec.crafts.rubberstamps devoted to scrapbooking. This RFD answers
that question.

Gina I will step down and allow you to proceed as proponent if you
wish. I have no more interest in pursuing this RFD at this time.

I will only carry official newsgroups on the UVa server. I support
existance of rec.crafts.scrapbooks. Since this newsgroup would appeal to
a similar group of readers as rec.crafts.rubberstamps, use of the same
set of subject line tags would make sense. (AD: and COMM: for example)
This seems to work very well in the existing newsgroup.

(I've included rec.crafts.rubberstamps in the followup newsgroups since
I've talked about the readers. :-) )

The people that in this the rogue group rec.craft.scrapbooks seem to
hate the idea of allowing others in their "little family" clique.

Bah!