Old July 29th 14, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat on the Green

Default Long sashing strips query...

Following on from what Julia said: if you press the seams in the
sashing *open, they will be less noticeable whichever way you do them.

Pat on the Green
..
On 29/07/2014 14:50, Julia in MN wrote:
On 7/28/2014 1:33 PM, - dlm. wrote:
Will the Quilt Police issue a citation if I'm forced to piece all of
my long sashing strips? Is this going to be an egregious error on
my part? If not, will I just piece the strips on the diagonal, much
like I would do with binding? For aesthetics purposes, should I
make each row of long sashing be pieced in about the same place or
should it change from row to row?

-dlm. 'trying to finish UFOs as well as make use of my ancient
stash'

I've never received a citation from the quilt police for piecing sashing
strips. I've never fussed with placement of the seams either. I think
they might be less noticeable if they are random, but that's just my
opinion. Seams on the diagonal may be less noticeable, but that might
depend on your fabric; some prints might be better pieced straight. I've
done it both ways.

Julia in MN