View Single Post
Old July 28th 14, 11:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.
external usenet poster

Default Long sashing strips query...

When I have to piece a saching or border, I either stick in a block from the quilt (a miniature sized- scaled down- block if necessary) or a piece of another fabric in the quilt or the signature/dedication/'name of the quilt' block where the seam will be. Sometimes, I put the 'extra' blocks in the center of each side or stagger them or even scatter several filler blocks thru out the saching or border to make it longer and/or where the seam would be. Or you can make the diagonal seam as you described and piece in diagonal piece of a different fabric from the quilt where the seam will be.

No one has to know The Why of it. It's merely what you wanted to do- A Design Element- rather than an 'oopsie, the fabric wasn't long enough'. ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

On Monday, July 28, 2014 1:33:39 PM UTC-5, - dlm. wrote:
Will the Quilt Police issue a citation if I'm forced to piece all of my long sashing strips? Is this going to be an egregious error on my part? If not, will I just piece the strips on the diagonal, much like I would do with binding? For aesthetics purposes, should I make each row of long sashing be pieced in about the same place or should it change from row to row?

-dlm. 'trying to finish UFOs as well as make use of my ancient stash'

Ads