Old December 27th 04, 06:37 PM
Cynthia Spilsted

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
Barbara Raper wrote:

Don't believe everything you hear! Be sure to pack her plenty of warm
clothes and a heavy coat. There might be 2 snows, when schools and

stores
close for a day or 2. But yes, mostly ice storms, 2 or 3 a year, when

YIKES! She doesn't own any really cold-weather clothes -- the lowest it
ever really gets here is in the 40s -- and she's leaving for school in
two weeks! Time to pop up a web page and start ordering furiously with
express delivery!

Thanks for the info.

Merry Christmas, Guys and Gals!
These last few posts brought quite a chuckle as I remembered the first year
of my marriage: my husband was transferred from the Queen Charlotte Islands
to Kitimat, British Columbia. This move was for December 1 - no problem we
thought because it was a lateral transfer (both in job position and
geographic latitude). What we hadn't counted on was that Kitimat, although
technically a seaport, is quite far inland up the very long and narrow
Douglas Channel. We discovered immediately that what we thought was winter
clothing very truly wasn't! (And we thought that the nickname "Valley of
the Snow" was just fanciful thinking - NOT!) From that time hence, I have
always packed for a variety of climates - regardless of the time of year.
Cynthia