Old July 15th 03, 01:14 AM
frood

I would call your friend and ask. Three weeks is no time at all with a
newborn in the house. It's hard enough to remember to shower, let alone
acknowledge gifts. Wedding presents are different - you aren't usually so
sleep-deprived after you get married. :-)

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
"teleflora" wrote in message
.. .
Remember poor Shelly and her neighbor's treatment of the baby quilt??

Well
my situation is similar, the difference is that I'm pretty sure I am going
to have to do something, I just don't know what. (man, I violated most of
those grammar rules with THAT sentence)

One of my best friends lives in a city 3 hours away. I speak with her
frequently by phone. Her daughter lives in a city in another part of our
state so it's not like my friend sees her every day or anything.

Ok, 3 weeks ago, I finished my very first quilt. It was nothing fancy, I
didn't do any hand work on it or anything. I just really wanted to do
something nice for my friend's first grandbaby. I didn't tell her about

it
while I was making it, I wanted it to be a surprise. And it was a really
cute pastel green and yellow 9-block. I enjoyed making it.

So, I boxed up this quilt and sent it off to the new baby with a note
telling her who I was (I have met the mom, briefly). I explained that

this
was not an heirloom or anything and that it was a quilt to be used and
abused.

It will be 3 weeks Wednesday that I mailed it and I haven't heard a thing.
Not from the parents and not from my friend. And it's just really not

like
them. They acknowledged their wedding gifts 2 years ago really fast. And

haven't spoken with my friend since I sent the quilt, so what if

something's
wrong with somebody??? I dread having to ask about it because it will be
sure to cause embarrassment all around. I know how stressful it is with a
newborn in the house. But I am going to have to know whether they

received
it or not. I insured the package although how can you insure a quilt????
You can't put a dollar amount on it.

So how much longer do you think I should wait? And should I call my

friend
and ask her first? God, I hate these situations.

Thanks, guys, I value your opinions and I know you got 'em.

Cindy