Old January 4th 10, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Default Log Cabin Quilt, ask Leslie

Kate's got a fella, Kate's got a fella! Atta girl, good for you.
Meanwhile back to the log cabin. Just standard autumn colors is always
good for log cabins, and red + green is quite dazzling and not girly. A
little different would be marine blue, beige and ivory.
You'll want to think about technical stuff such as mattress drop and
will it be used 'just for display' or actually need to be wide/long enough
to be a comfortable quilt.
Consider carefully what you see him wear; that should give you some
clues about his preferences. (Mr. Esther *hates* brown and if you made him
a quilt with brown in it, I'm certain it would be neatly folded and put in
the top shelf of his closet.)
When you're putting your logs together, be sure to put thread on your
bobbin. Ask Leslie. Polly

"Kate T." I've never made this quilt and need some help.

I want to make a queen log cabin and don't know what size block to
make. I got a fella in mind that just built a log cabin and want to
give it to him.

any suggestions on block size and colors.

Any of you gentlemen quilters have any suggestions for me.

Kate T. South Mississippi