Old January 4th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Default OT Read your bill

So sorry, Polly! I do indeed watch very carefully. And the only card I use
online is my Citi card, which generates a fake credit card number (good for
one purchase at that merchant only) for each purchase, so my real Citicard
number never gets out of the house. It's probably the only thing that makes
me feel safe ordering online. Even the most reliable merchants can get a
rat on staff.

Glad your card company was so prompt about the theft. That's a real
comfort!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
If you do online shopping, pay very close attention to your bill. I just
took a hit for $1,200 worth of software. Me? Yeah, right . . . I'm the
one who's still learning to take pictures of my thumb with the telephone.
What on earth would I do with a $1,200 software package? Fortunately, my
nice credit card company also knew that such a purchase was highly
unlikely and slammed the credit card account shut. Unfortunately, I had
ordered a beautiful navy blue dress that was 70% off. Now it's no longer
available. (sigh). Read your bills very carefully. Polly