Old March 9th 05, 10:22 PM
Karen Johnson

Default UFO Challenge?

It's entirely possible that I am making a big mistake by posting this
.... if I'm stepping on anybody's toes, pleaseplease forgive me -- this
is meant only in the spirit of helpfulness.

I should also note that I'm 3,000 miles away from my "real" computer,
so I don't have any of the original postings -- so my problematic
memory may be getting me into trouble.

Anyway.

Whoever suggested the UFO challenge (I think it was called the "finish
it" challenge, or something) had a brilliant idea, and was very
generous to come up with it. (I truly don't remember who this was!)
But it seems that life has intervened, and it hasn't worked out ... as
so often happens for all of us ...

If the challenge isn't going to happen, I'm happy to volunteer to take
it over, if that seems like an OK idea to anybody. I ran a UFO
challenge 4 years ago or so, and it was tremendous fun.

Does this seem like a good idea, or like a really tactless and
insensitive thing to suggest?

Frankly, I need this challenge to get me in gear to finish 3
particular quilts ... and while I wouldn't participate in it if I'm
the organizer, I'd still play along and finish the darned things.

To whoever came up with the idea originally: If you just got swamped
by life, got a little delayed, and still want to do it, then you go,
girl! And accept my apologies for making this suggestion. If you
can't manage it right now and don't mind passing it on to me, that's
great, too.

If you're interested in taking part, email me. If we've got as many
as a dozen people, we're on.

Thanks!

Karen Johnson

http://www.dabukar.com