Old March 22nd 12, 10:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kay Lancaster

Default Has anyone ever MacGyvered way to have regular sewing machinehold thread cone?

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 21:40:42 -0500, Craftsy wrote:
A couple of years ago or so, I saw a sale for cones of thread at a
very good price so I bought a couple. I've since never been able to

Thread stand: http://www.clotilde.com/detail.html?prod_id=700
(and similar devices many other places).

Coathanger wire and a solid base.

However, examine the thread carefully -- is that really stuff you want to
feed through the tension on your sewing machine? Some is, some isn't.