Old October 31st 14, 01:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray[_2_]

Default Crocheted Wedding dress

On 10/30/2014 12:40 AM, mirjam wrote:
On Monday, September 29, 2014 6:20:35 PM UTC+3, wrote:
My mother +seamstress sewed my dress so that after the wedding i could separate the upper part and i used it as a white lace shirt on festivities ,,, the skirt i took apart and used for other sewing projects ,
mirjam

I do remember when I was confirmed in the C of E, my mother made me a
long white dress. She had planned it so that after the confirmation,
the lower part was cut off to above the knee....and it was a tennis
dress!! Back in the post war days, we were frugal, and to this day, I
am finding I am also being "careful", "frugal" the old phrase waste
not, want not comes to mind often now that I am so much older.

Gillian