Old August 28th 07, 09:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Lee & Cathi Thomas

Default Dressmaking Pattern Explanation

The comma is there because it means you can use either 72"or 108" and the
yardage is the same. My local specialty store only carried the 108" but I
found it at www.fabric.com, www.housefabric.com., etc. It's also called
illusion.

Cathi

"Crafty_SewNsew" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have just bought a dressmaking pattern of a bridesmaid dress to make
for my daughter. I am in the process of buying the fabric to make it
& have come across a small problem that I would appreciate some help
with.

The part I am stuck on is the width of the fabric for the underskirt
made or tulle/net. Usually it states a width i.e. 45" then underneath
it will state 60".

i.e. 45" 3 1/2 yards
60" 2 1/2 yards
This part however states 72", 108". but the amount of fabric is the
same.

i.e. 72, 108" 4 1/2 yards

Why does it have a comma between the 2 sizes?

Also, I am struggling to find tulle/net in those widths! I can only
seem to find 54" wide. Any help please?