Old October 18th 05, 02:30 AM
Polly Esther

Default OT another Katrina love story

Ah, the humilation of it all, how my face would have burned. I'm so glad you
didn't do that. Actually, we don't live in Moss Point. I don't even think
we've been through Moss Point in years. For reasons unknown to anybody,
Moss Point has a big new post office. All the mail for dozens of small
communities and the Swamp is routed through Moss Point. There are post
offices much closer to us and there must be some logic to the system. Never
mind. You wouldn't understand if I did and could explain.
However, Moss Point is bordered on one side by the Pascagoula River, on
the other side by the Escatawpa River. If that's not enough water, they also
have a large lake. When Katrina surged in, those Moss Point folks really
took on some water. I'm sure your sister Parish will be mighty happy you're
sharing with them. Polly

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
Polly,
This Friday my parish will have an annual major fund raiser, a Fish Fry.
On Sunday, our Pastor announced that we will share the returns 50/50 with
our sister Parish in Moss Point, Mississippi. You will be relieved to know
that I did NOT embarrass you by standing up and shouting, "YES!! That is
where my good buddy Polly Esther lives!!" I hope we raise LOTS of money to
send. I already have two tickets.
Grins, PAT in VA/USA